7 Tesla Bruker/Siemens ClinScan small animal MRI
- 8 receiver channels for phased array imaging
- maximum strength 600 mT m-1
- maximum rise rate 6000 T m-1 s-1
- software from human MRI ports to this instrument
- information from Bruker
This instrument, which is in MR4 Building, was the first installation of it type in the USA.
Caliper IVIS Spectrum bioluminescence and fluorescence scanner
- firefly and bacterial luciferase
- Green Fluorescent Protein
- red and near-infrared fluorescent proteins
- other luminescent and fluorescent labels
It has 10 excitation filters with 30 nm bandwidth (top or bottom illumination) and 18 emission filters with 20 nm bandwidth
More details from Caliper Life Sciences.
Tomographic fluorescent and luminescence images from the Spectrum scanner can be merged with MRI or CT scans. IVIS Spectrum in MR4 Vivarium.
Trimodel PET/SPECT/CT Bruker Albira Si rodent scanner
- PET scanning: 3-ring system with 150 mm axial FOV, 80 mm transaxial FOV, 12% sensitivity, 17% energy resolution, and a mouse NECR of 560 kcps at 35 MBq
- SPECT scanning has a dual head system with 1,800 cps/MBq sensitivity, 30-400 keV energy range, 25-120 mm variable FOV, and 0.5 mm spatial resolution
- CT has X-ray energies of 10-50 kVp, 70 mm x 70 mm FOV, and 90 µm resolution
SA Instruments model 1025 and 1025L physiological monitoring
Animals’ heart rate and breathing are monitored using SA Instruments model 1025 for MRI and a model 1025L for PET and SPECT hardware/software systems for monitoring and gating system.
Both Snyder Building and MR4 have vivarium facilities.