Conferences & Grand Rounds
|Pediatric Grand Rounds||Thursday 0800-0900||Education Resource Center Room A|
|Morning Report/Resident Rounds||Mon, Tue, Wed, Fri 0800-0830||UH 7614 (7th Floor Education Room)|
|Primary Care Lecture Series|
|Primary Care Center, 2nd FL Conf Room|
|Resident Noon Conference||Mon-Fri 1215-1300||UH 7614 (7th Floor Education Room)|
|ID “Argument Rounds”||Tuesday 1300-1400||Pediatric Conference Room, West Complex|
|CHRC Grand Rounds||1st Tuesday 0800-0900||Quayle Learning Center, Battle Building|
Presentations are available to Department of Pediatrics affiliates (with a HS/CS network logon).
Housestaff Conferences & Activities
Teaching conferences are designed to provide the opportunity for an informal exchange of ideas among faculty, housestaff and students.
The year begins with a series of Acute Care Conferences and continues with topics that include the subspecialties as well as general pediatrics. Most conferences are held during the noon lunch hour.
Each workday begins with Morning Report when residents and faculty meet to review the patients admitted overnight to the wards and PICU. Following the evening’s “headlines”, the 2nd and 3rd year residents present a brief teaching case on a topic of their choice. Faculty and residents discuss the topic in a relaxed, informal atmosphere.
Topics covered include:
- Biweekly: Ambulatory
- Weekly: Infectious diseases
- Monthly: Allergy/immunology, behavioral pediatrics, cardiology, computing and informatics, developmental pediatrics, endocrinology, gastroenterology and nutrition, genetics, hematology/oncology, neonatology, nephrology, neurology, rheumatology, surgery, toxicology
- Monthly: Chief Residents’ Conference, Housestaff Meeting, Journal Club
- Quarterly: Morbidity & Mortality, Teaching Seminar
- Daily: Ward Attending Rounds, Nursery “Attending” Rounds, KCRC “Attending” Rounds, Resident Rounds/Morning Report, Hematology/Oncology Rounds
- Weekly: Grand Rounds, Neurology Rounds
Pediatric Grand Rounds
CME GRAND ROUNDS ACCREDITATION STATEMENT
The University of Virginia School of Medicine is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The University of Virginia School of Medicine designates each one hour conference for a maximum of one AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. The University Of Virginia School Of Medicine awards one hour of participation to each non-faculty physician and non-physician participants who successfully complete this educational activity. The University of Virginia School of Medicine maintains a record of participants who have been awarded hours of participation. CME transcripts may be obtained at www.cmevillage.com (click on Transcripts and follow the instructions.)
Physicians at the PL-2 and PL-3 levels are given the opportunity to attend a medical meeting during each year of their training.