Missions of the Department of Molecular Physiology and Biological Physics
Our major goal is to create a research-intensive environment, providing advanced training to undergraduates, graduate students and postdoctoral trainees.
- Elucidate the cellular and molecular mechanisms of basic biology
- Understand how the pathological alterations of these processes result in disease
- Provide the Physiology portions of the integrated medical school curriculum
- Support education of graduate students in the Biomedical Sciences
- Train students to receive their PhDs in molecular and cellular Physiology or in Biophysics
- Mentor the research of MD/PhD students in the Medical Scientist Training Program