This elective will be offered to all University of Virginia medical students during Winter 2018. Though there is no transcript credit available at the present time, a certificate of course completion will be included with the student’s transcript and the Dean’s letter. Past participants have valued the knowledge, tools, and understanding gained through the course.
The course consists of five 2 1/2 hour evening sessions (from 6:30-9:00 pm), each divided into large-group and small-group experience. Because of the personal nature and continuity of the small groups, it is essential that participants in the course check their schedules to be sure they can commit to all five of the sessions before signing up.
Session Dates For 2020
Session 1: January 15: Discovering and Nurturing Your Wholeness
Session 2: January 29: Grief and Loss (part 1)
Session 3: February 5: Grief and Loss (part 2)
Session 4: February 19: Allowing Awe in Medicine
Session 5: February 26: Care of the Soul: Service as a Way of Life
- Matt Goodman MD, Internal Medicine, UVA
- Ann Kellams MD, Pediatrics, UVA
- Bryce Kellams MD, Family Medicine, Martha Jefferson Hospital
- Gabrielle Marzani MD, Psychiatry, UVA
- Ambereen Mehta, MD, MPH, Palliative Medicine, UVA
- Jim Ogan MD, Pediatrics, UVA
- Dana Redick, MD, Obstetrics and Gynecology, UVA
- Tim Short MD, Palliative Care, UVA