Sometimes being a woman in medicine can feel isolating. As a part of our mission, we endeavor to connect women in medicine from all corners of medicine and all walks of life. WIMN seeks to promote diversity and create an environment of inclusion.
The principles of this subcommittee are:
- To promote recruitment and retention of women within Internal Medicine
- To provide shadowing opportunities for undergraduate students interested in careers in medicine
- To promote professional equity and inclusion
- To stimulate collaboration with external partners
- To facilitate community outreach to help empower women
Coffee and Collaboration Series
This series is a joint effort between WIMN and the UVA Committee on Women to promote networking and discussions on topics ranging from professional development to family care.
- UVA Alpha Epsilon Delta Premedical Society Women in Medicine Panel – February 2017
- Coffee and Collaboraion – March 2017
- Medical School SNMA/LMSA/1920s Society Diversity Panel – April 2017
- Coffee and Collaboration – July 2017
- Global and Refugee Health Discussion with Fern Hauck, MD, MS and Erica Uhlmann – July 2017
- Global Health Panel – October 2017