A brief introduction of Curvita
We have supplanted multiple Graduate Programs Office databases with a single data management instrument named Curvita.
Curvita is a data management system which works as a single hub for managing faculty and departmental data through its web-based interface. Curvita’s purpose is to combine data from separate systems, link them together in a single centralized system, and leverage the data into NIH biosketches and T32 training grant tables.
Curvita Benefits (relative to past databases)
1) Direct web accessible – just paste the following link into your browser:
2) Secure access via Netbadge and your usual UVa login ID and password
3) Citations importation from PubMed including:
- PMIDs and PMCIDs
- Full references
- Permits one-tick selection and de-selection of articles for display
4) Biosketch creation – autoformatted for NIH or NSF – output in MSWord or PDF.
5) Research Faculty Directory (RFD) simplification – faculty can now update their RFD listing by directly editing information in Curvita which is then ported to the RFD.
6) Web pages – BIMS and other web pages will port information from Curvita
7) Training Grants – PI or administrator can generate all T32 Tables via the web interface.
The Graduate Programs Office’s support of Curvita includes
- Providing the introduction of Curvita to faculty and staff
- Resolving data-entry issues.
- Resolving Curvita-to-RFD migration issues