Advanced Cardiac Valve Fellowship Program:
How to Apply
To be eligible for this advanced fellowship you must be in the third year of your general cardiology fellowship.
- Online application form (click the “submit” box at the bottom to send)
- Curriculum vitae (see below)
- Personal statement (see below)
- Three letters of recommendation (see below for details)
- Proof of external funding. THIS IS A POSITION WHICH REQUIRES EXTERNAL FUNDING.
CV and personal statement:
We prefer that you email these documents to us (rather than include them as part of the online application form). Make sure they are clearly labeled with your name and contact information, and email to: Anne Shipe, Cardiac Valve Fellowship Coordinator (email@example.com).
Alternatively, you can send paper versions of your CV and personal statement via fax or postal service (again, make sure they are clearly labeled):
Anne Shipe, Fellowship Coordinator
UVA Division of Cardiovascular Medicine
1215 Lee Street, Room 2304
PO Box 800662
Charlottesville, VA 22908
Letters of recommendation:
We require three letters of recommendation, one from each of the following:
- Your cardiology fellowship program director
- Chief of the division of cardiology at your current institution
- Your research mentor, if applicable
Letters should be addressed to Dr. Scott Lim, Cardiac Valve Fellowship Program Director, and mailed to the address above.
Letters must be individually signed and placed in sealed envelopes; preferably they should be sent directly from the recommender’s office. Additional letters of reference are welcome.
Call or email Anne Shipe: 434-924-9001 // firstname.lastname@example.org.