Advanced Heart Failure & Transplant Fellowship:
How to Apply
Beginning with the 2019-2020 academic year, applicants should apply through ERAS.
To be eligible for this advanced fellowship, you must be in the third year of your general cardiology fellowship.
Application to the Advanced Heart Failure & Transplant Fellowship Program is a two-step process. Applications are submitted through ERAS; to apply for subspecialty training programs, you must be sure to complete the second step.
- Enter ERAS application information anytime between July 1 and July 15. We will accept documents from ERAS only.
- You must indicate on your ERAS application the institutions you wish to receive your application; you must choose University of Virginia for us to receive your application. We begin reviewing applications on July 15th, and conduct interviews in August, September and October.
The following documents must be submitted to ERAS:
- Common application form, including a personal statement and medical school transcript
- Three letters of recommendation: one from your program director and two others from your current institution, preferably one from a faculty member in the Division of Cardiovascular Medicine
- Wallet-sized color photograph
- USMLE transcripts
- For foreign medical graduates: ECFMG status report
Call or email Anne Shipe: 434-924-9001 // firstname.lastname@example.org.