Lung Cancer Awareness Toolkit
The Southwest Virginia Community Cancer Advisory Board’s priority area of early detection has developed a lung cancer awareness toolkit in collaboration with Emory and Henry College Mass Communications Department. Lung cancer is the leading cause of cancer death in Virginia. It is the goal of the 2018-2022 Virginia State Cancer Plan to increase the percentage of lung cancers diagnosed at the localized stage to 20 percent.
- Reach the target audience of adults that may be at risk for developing lung cancer and recommend screening
- Bring awareness to the early lung cancer symptoms and eliminate barriers to screening eligibility of Low Dose Computed Tomography (LDCT) and counseling services
Guidelines for Use
In this toolkit, we have included a few items to get you started on promoting lung cancer screening in your community. You can add your brand logo and organization information to the material. The materials are free to use, and we encourage you to share them with your communities. If you have any questions or need assistance accessing materials, don’t hesitate to contact us. If you choose to use any of the materials, we would love to hear how you used them. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org, with any ways you utilized the materials.
Ideas for using media content
- Post social media images and videos on Facebook & Instagram
- Contact local tv stations and ask them to run a video PSA
- Contact local radio stations and ask them to run an audio PSA
- Print fact sheets and promotional items for your organization to use