Appointments and Referrals
The faculty and staff of the Department of Dermatology provide patient care services through outpatient clinic appointments, and inpatient consultation. The University of Virginia considers Referring Physicians to be our most important partners in providing comprehensive care to patients. The information below is designed to help you and your staff refer patients quickly and efficiently.
The Dermatology Clinic is open:
Monday to Friday, 8:00AM – 5:00 PM
3rd Floor, Primary Care Center
UVA Medical Center
Physician preferences will be accommodated when possible. If you have no preference, you will be offered the first available appointment. Both children and adults are seen in the Dermatology clinic.
Please bring this information with you to your appointment:
- Your health insurance card or information
- Copy of pre-authorization from your insurance company (if required)
- All medications your are taking (in a bag), or a current list with name, dose/strength/amount, and times that you take the medications
- Referral information from your doctor, if you are being referred
An appointment notice will be mailed to you before your appointment date. Please arrive 30 minutes before your appointment to allow time for registration.
For Referring Physicians
Please call 434-924-5115 to schedule an appointment in our general or subspecialty clinics. If you feel your patient is in need of an urgent appointment, we will try to arrange one within 48 hours.
You may fax a referral or patient medical records to 434-924-5936.
Please provide the following information:
- Patient name, address, phone number, insurance company
- Copy of the pre-authorization for referral from the patient’s insurance company
- Copies of the most current lab tests, radiology reports and pertinent clinical notes
An appointment notice will be mailed to the patient prior to the appointment date.
Results of the patient’s visit will be mailed to the referring physician within one week.