Abstracts will be accepted via the web registration form only. Hard copies, disks, or email submissions will not be accepted. Deadline: Noon on March 16, 2016.
Instructions for submitting an abstract:
- You must be logged into a UVA server with your Net Badge to upload your abstract on the registration webpage.
- Save the Word file with your abstract as a PDF file. Include your name as part of the file name (i.e., Johnson-Mary-R&S_Abstract.pdf).
- Upload the PDF file to the online registration form, using the “Attach Abstract” button. The registration form is linked in the left-hand menu.
- Check the appropriate box during submission to indicate if the presenting author is a resident, clinical fellow, research fellow, or other.
- Check the appropriate box during submission to indicate if the abstract should be considered for the Shyr-Te Ju Award.
- Once you have submitted your abstract online, we cannot accept revisions. The abstract will be reproduced as submitted.
- Abstracts will be arranged thematically and will be numbered in the order they are received. A listing of all abstracts will be available online one week prior to the event.
- Abstract should be created in Word and submitted as a PDF document. See above.
- Use Arial 11 pt. font.
- At the top of the document, list the names of the authors, with the presenting author’s name underlined:
Jones J, Smith RF, Parker G. The effects of marigolds on men on the moon.
- Abstract should not exceed one page or approximately 350 words
- Use the “Background, Methods, Results, Conclusions” format: SAMPLE ABSTRACT.
If you experience problems registering or submitting an abstract, please contact Karen Ward at 243-9397.