Parking and Lodging Information for the Nutrition Support Traineeship
We recommend you stay at a hotel within walking distance of the Medical Center. Parking at the Medical Center is limited and is expensive ($4 per hour).
- If you choose to stay at a hotel that is not within walking distance and will have a car, please read the important parking information below.
- If you choose to stay at a hotel that is not within walking distance and will not have a car, be sure to ask specifics about what type of transportation is available to the UVA Medical Center.
Click Here for more information on Lodging: Hotels in Charlottesville
Airport Information: The local airport is the Charlottesville Albemarle Airport: http://www.gocho.com/ The website has information about flights, rental cars, taxi services, and other travel information.
More on Parking
There are parking garages across from the Medical Center, but they have hourly rates and are expensive ($4 per hour); we strongly suggest to either:
(1) stay in a hotel close enough to walk or
(2) look for a hotel that offers free shuttle service each morning and evening to drop you at the UVA Medical Center
If it is not possible to stay nearby or at a hotel with shuttle services, you can:
(3) Park in the 11th Street Garage (contact us for a map or directions). The cost is $4/hour. Note: The Lee Street garage directly across from the hospital is for patients and patient visitors only. Please use the 11th Street garage only.
(4) go to Parking and Transportation Office first thing Monday morning (7:30 am) and get a permit ($5 for one week) to park at University Hall which has a shuttle every few minutes to the Medical Center.
Directions to Parking Office:
Going South on R29, pass Barracks Road Shopping Center (Emmet Street), turn right on Arlington Blvd, take next right on Milmont, and the Parking and Transportation office will be on our left past the Milmont Shopping Center. If you continue South on Emmet (R29) the next right will take you to U-Hall.
Going North on R29, pass Cavalier Inn on your left (U Hall is your next left) continue down Emmet Street (R29) and take the 3rd left on Arlington Blvd, then take your next right on Milmont, and P and T will be on your left past the Milmont Shopping Center.