Recommended Sites of Interest
Recommended Sites of Interest:
- Alvarado-Zingrone Institute for Research and Education in Parapsychology
- Andreas Sommer, Forbidden Histories
- Consciousness Unbound Blog-Michael Grosso
- Consciousness Research Laboratory (University of Nevada, Las Vegas)
- Forbidden Histories Youtube Channel
- International Association for Near-Death Studies
- Koestler Parapsychology Unit (University of Edinburgh, Scotland)
- Parapsychological Association
- Parapsychology Foundation
- Rhine Research Center/Institute for Parapsychology
- Scientific American Blog -Bernardo Kastrup
- Skeptical About Skeptics
- Society for Psychical Research
- Society for Scientific Exploration
- World Psychiatric Association section on Religion, Spirituality and Psychiatry
Our esteemed research colleagues in the field:
- Carlos Alvarado, Ph.D.: Research Fellow, Parapsychology Foundation. Well-known for his many contributions to the field of parapsychology including survey research on apparent psychic experiences in the general population, Dr. Alvarado specializes in the history of parapsychology. We can highly recommend his very interesting scholarly Blog series on a wide range of topics in the study of parapsychology. Follow this link to the blog. Dr. Alvarado and his partner Nancy Zingrone have begun to offer classes on-line for research and education in parapsychology Alvarado-Zingrone Institute for Research and Education in Parapsychology .
- Michael Grosso, Ph.D.: Currently an independent scholar and author. His scholarly contributions are aimed at changing the ‘scientific materialism’ position prevalent in mainstream science and is a contributing author to the book Irreducible Mind. Dr. Grosso has taught humanities and philosophy at Marymount Manhattan College, City University of New York, and City University of New Jersey. Dr. Grosso is also writing a very interesting blog series called Consciousness Unbound.
- Erlendur Haraldsson, Ph.D.: University of Iceland, Reykjavik, Iceland. Dr. Haraldsson was a friend and a research colleague of the late Dr. Ian Stevenson, founder of DOPS, he is the author of many books and a co-investigator on cases of the reincarnation type.
- Bernardo Kastrup, Ph.D.: Dr. Kastrup’s degree is in computer engineering with specializations in artificial intelligence and reconfigurable computing. He has worked as a scientist in some of the world’s foremost research laboratories, including the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN) and the Philips Research Laboratories (where the “Casimir Effect” of Quantum Field Theory was discovered). Bernardo has authored many academic papers and books on philosophy and science. His most recent book is The Idea of the World: A multi-disciplinary argument for the mental nature of reality, based on rigorous analytic argument and empirical evidence. For more information, freely downloadable papers, videos, etc., from his website at www.bernardokastrup.com. Dr. Kastrup also has been writing interesting blogs in Scientific American in which he explores the nature of consciousness.
- Andreas Sommer, Ph.D.: Historian working on the interrelations of the sciences and magic. His thesis (University College London, 2013) reconstructed the links between psychical research and experimental psychology in the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries. The thesis won an award from the International Union of History and Philosophy of Science and Technology. If you’re interested in new perspectives on ancient questions that are informed by the latest insights from professional historical scholarship, please visit the Forbidden Histories Youtube Channel, which features short videos about these interesting topics.