If you have an extraordinary personal experience to share, please use the “Contact Us” button to describe your experiences.
Please note: Your message will be read and reviewed by our research staff, but due to a large volume of incoming emails, we regret that we are unable to respond to every correspondence we receive at this time.
To document your unusual occurrence, you may also want to consider filling out our Unusual Experiences Questionnaire to share your experiences. By filling out this questionnaire you will be participating in our research.
Experiences Being Studied at DOPS
- Near-death experiences: If you would like to share an account of a near-death experience and the after-effects, please email Principal Investigator Marieta Pehlivanova, PhD at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- After-death communications: If you have an account of after-death communication, please email Principal Investigator Marieta Pehlivanova, PhD at email@example.com.
- Children who report memories of a previous life (reincarnation): If you have an account of a young child who is reporting memories of a previous life, please send your email to our research assistant, Diane Morini (firstname.lastname@example.org) or (email@example.com).
- Psi Abilities: If you have reasonably consistent and reproducible psi abilities, such as Remote Viewing, Extra Sensory Perception (ESP) and Psychokinesis (PK) and can routinely perform PK tasks of various kinds, please email your personal account to the Principal Investigator Marina Weiler, PhD (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Out-of-Body Experiences: If you have had the experience of your consciousness being located in space away from your physical body, you may have had an Out-of-Body Experience (OBE). Some experience an OBE spontaneously in various settings while others appear to be able to have an OBE voluntarily. We are especially interested in hearing from people who can voluntarily induce an OBE. Please email your personal OBE account to Principal Investigator Marina Weiler, PhD (email@example.com).
- Meditation and mindfulness: If you have an account to share about an unusual experience associated with your meditation and/or mindfulness practice, please send your descriptive email to DOPS Research Specialist, Liz Hanchak (EAH3R@uvahealth.org) who is working with Principal Investigator, Kim Penberthy, PhD (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Re: Writing Us About Your Experience
The staff of the Division welcomes information about unusual or anomalous experiences that appear to challenge normal explanations.
Click here for a description of the scope of our research at The Division of Perceptual Studies. If you would like to submit a case that falls within our research focus, please email us with a detailed description of the experience.
See the research descriptions and researchers’ emails on this page.
Please Note the Following When Submitting an Account:
- We strongly prefer to have information about cases and personal accounts sent to us in writing via email.
- Please be aware that our small research staff will not be able to return personal phone calls related to your unusual experiences.
- Please do not send audio or video recordings with accounts, long manuscripts, or large e-files of any kind for us to review unless we specifically request them.
- Your message will be read and reviewed by our research staff, but due to a large volume of incoming emails, we regret that we are unable to respond to every correspondence we receive at this time.
We thank you in advance for honoring the above parameters when sharing your experience with us.
Please Note Regarding the Submission of Personal Accounts: Persons submitting reports of unusual experiences should be willing to participate in research, which often involves filling out questionnaires and sometimes interviews. Please be assured that your email will be held in strict confidence and only our qualified research staff will read your submission.
Other Ways to Connect
Click here to view the newest edition of the UVA Division of Perceptual Studies Newsletter.
Subscribe to the UVA DOPS Quarterly Newsletter.
Media and Press Inquiries
If you are a member of the press and would like to get in touch with Dr. Greyson or Dr. Tucker, please use the corresponding email addresses provided below:
Media inquiries for Jim Tucker’s research into Children Who Remember Previous Lives: JBT8N@UVAHealth.org.
Media Inquiries for Bruce Greyson’s NDE research, and inquiries about his book tour of “After”: cbg4d@UVAHealth.org