If you have an extraordinary personal experience to share, please use the “Contact Us” button to describe your experiences.
Please note: Your message will be read and reviewed by our research staff, but due to a large volume of incoming emails, we regret that we are unable to respond to every correspondence we receive at this time.
To document your unusual occurrence, you may also want to consider filling out our Unusual Experiences Questionnaire to share your experiences. By filling out this questionnaire you will be participating in our research.
Re: Writing Us About Your Experience
The staff of the Division welcomes information about unusual or anomalous experiences that appear to challenge normal explanations.
Click here for a description of the scope of our research at The Division of Perceptual Studies. If you would like to submit a case that falls within our research focus, please email us with a detailed description of the experience.
Please Note the Following When Submitting an Account:
- We strongly prefer to have information about cases and personal accounts sent to us in writing via email.
- Please be aware that our small research staff will not be able to return personal phone calls related to your unusual experiences.
- Please do not send audio or video recordings with accounts, long manuscripts, or large e-files of any kind for us to review unless we specifically request them.
- Your message will be read and reviewed by our research staff, but due to a large volume of incoming emails, we regret that we are unable to respond to every correspondence we receive at this time.
We thank you in advance for honoring the above parameters when sharing your experience with us.
Please Note Regarding the Submission of Personal Accounts: Persons submitting reports of unusual experiences should be willing to participate in research, which often involves filling out questionnaires and sometimes interviews. Please be assured that your email will be held in strict confidence and only our qualified research staff will read your submission.
Experiences Being Studied at DOPS
- Near-death experiences: If you would like to share an account of a near-death experience and the after-effects, please email your personal account via the Contact Us button below.
- After death communications: If you have an account of an after death communication, please email Senior Research Specialist Marieta Pehlivanova, PhD at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Children who report memories of a previous life (reincarnation): If you have an account of a young child who is reporting memories of a previous life, please send your email to our research assistant, Diane Morini at email@example.com.
- Meditation, and mindfulness: If you have an account to share of an unusual experience associated with your meditation and/or mindfulness practice, please send your descriptive email to DOPS Research Specialist, Liz Hanchak (Liz.firstname.lastname@example.org) who is working with Primary Investigator, Kim Penberthy, PhD (JKP2N@virginia.edu), in this area of research.
- Psi Abilities: If you have reasonably consistent and reproducible psi abilities, such as Remote Viewing, Extra Sensory Perception (ESP) and Psychokinesis (PK) and can routinely perform PK tasks of various kinds, please email your personal account via the Contact Us button below.
Other Ways to Connect
We are in the process of developing a newsletter!
If you are interested in receiving a newsletter from UVA DOPS sometime in the near future, please sign up here by submitting your email to: PJB8N@hscmail.mcc.virginia.edu
Please put “sign me up” in the subject heading when submitting your email request to receive future newsletters.
Media and Press Inquiries
If you are a member of the press and would like to get in touch with Dr. Greyson or Dr. Tucker, please use the corresponding email addresses provided below:
Media inquiries for Dr. Jim Tucker: email@example.com
Media Inquiries for Dr. Bruce Greyson: firstname.lastname@example.org