Services We Do Not Provide
We Are Not Able to Provide the Following:
Because of the time limits of our small research division staff, and the scope of our research focus, we have had to make choices about what services we can and cannot offer.
Please refer to the list for clarity regarding services that we are not able to offer here at the UVA-Division of Perceptual Studies:
- We are not able to offer therapeutic services via telephone, email or correspondences. Nor are we able to provide counseling services by telephone, email or correspondence to persons made anxious by unusual experiences. We are researching unusual experiences, but are not able to counsel an experiencer regarding how to cope with their unusual event.
- We are not able to be interviewed over the telephone. Many questions about our work can be answered by carefully reading the resources on this website.
- If you are a member of the Media and want to contact the researchers for an interview about our research, please see the bottom of the Contact page to be guided to the correct email.
- We are not able to assist students with their papers beyond guiding them toward appropriate literature and research.
- We are not able to recommend psychics or hypnotists who claim to regress persons to previous lives. See Concerns about Hypnotic Regression.
- We are not able to read, edit or comment on unsolicited manuscripts.
- We are not able to offer courses in paranormal phenomena. See our list of Academic Centers and Resources re: The Study of Unusual Phenomena on this website for possible educational opportunities.
- We are not able to state or imply that the UVA Division of Perceptual Studies or the University of Virginia has certified or endorsed commercial programs, products, or services of any sort.