15th Annual Breast Care Conference
Breast Care: Beyond the Basics
March 17th, 2018
Pinn Hall Conference Center
This course will feature brief didactic sessions, discussions, and interactive case presentations. The intent of the course is to provide clinicians with practical information related to breast imaging and breast care and will include the latest information on new screening methods and treatment of minimal breast cancer.
The course is directed at physicians, nurses, and nurse practitioners in radiology, family practice, internal medicine, and obstetrics and gynecology; in addition the diagnosis and management topics address concerns of radiation technologists, general surgeons, radiation and medical oncologists, radiologists, and endocrinologists.
At the conclusion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Discuss breast screening options with patients to allow them to make educated decisions on which type of screening they choose (2-D vs. 3-D, ultrasound, MRI)
- Inform providers how to respond to various results scenarios based on best practices
- Improve communication with patients related to lifetime risk results, patient experience, and screening options
- Present new information related to implant related lymphoma and true risk for development
- Demonstrate tomosynthesis biopsy procedure steps via hands-on training session
- Improve skills related to patient positioning for mammography via hands-on training session
- Discuss genetic and pathology results which may affect patient treatment
Registration is available only online at www.cmevillage.com. The syllabus will be available online only the week of the conference until 30 days after the conference. Use code 50OFF to receive $50 off when registering by December 15th!
For more information of course directors, course faculty, location, parking, and accommodations please see the official brochure here.