Sumitting tissue for paraffin sections
Size of specimens: tissue should be trimmed to specified region before bringing to lab.
Fixation volume: 10 times greater than tissue volume.
Preparation of tissue
- Tissue must be submitted in histology cassettes labeled in PENCIL ONLY and the cassettes, must be in a fixative or 70% ethanol. Do not let tissue dry out.
- NEVER USE any kind of INK or permanent marker on histology cassettes.
- Slides will be cut at 4-5 microns unless otherwise specified.
- Slide boxes are to be brought to the lab with tissue or one will be provided at an extra charge.
- Enter a service request in iLab under Research Histology Core
The Research Histology Core’s hours of operation are Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. All tissue must be submitted by 3:30 p.m. in situ tissue may be submitted Monday – Thursday (please call 24 hrs. in advance for in situ tissue).
Bring samples to room 1035, MR4 building.
Contact persons for the Research Histology Core are:
Sheri VanHoose, MLT (NCA) email@example.com
Lisa Vohwinkel lcv2c@Virginia.EDU