Traveling to Charlottesville
If by Car…
Charlottesville is conveniently located in the middle of Virginia, at the crossroads of North/South Route 29 and East/West I-64. From anywhere in Virginia, Charlottesville is at most only a few hours away by car.
If you are coming from out of state, you may find driving to be a convenient option also. The following are approximate driving times if you are coming from Maryland or North Carolina:
- Raleigh, North Carolina: 3 hours
- Charlotte, North Carolina: 4.5 hours
- Washington, DC: 2.5 hours
- Baltimore, Maryland: 3.5 hours
If by Plane…
If you wish to come to Charlottesville by plane, many convenient options are available for flying into Charlottesville/Albemarle Airport (CHO). Daily non-stop service to CHO is available from the following cities:
- Atlanta (Delta)
- Charlotte (US Airways Express)
- Detroit (Northwest)
- New York LaGuardia (US Airways Express)
- Philadelphia (US Airways Express)
- Washington Dulles (United Express)
For more information, click HERE to access the Charlottesville/Albemarle Airport web site.
Transportation from Charlottesville Airport…
For transportation from the CHO to your hotel accommodations in Charlottesville, the following options are available:
- Blue Ridge Executive Transportation (888) 240-2280
The approximate cost from the airport to the hospital or your hotel is $55. Call the toll-free number 24 hours ahead of time to make a reservation.
- Airport Cab (434) 295-TAXI
The approximate cost from the airport to the hospital or your hotel is $25. Cabs are available at the airport taxi stand except on some later flights. Airport Cab can be called 24/7 to send a car to your location.