Explore the many diabetes prevention and education resources available state-wide.
The Virginia Center for Diabetes Prevention and Education (VCDPE) has been a unique provider of educational programming in Virginia since 1987. Affiliated with the Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism at the University of Virginia School of Medicine, the VCDPE’s programs and resources benefit healthcare providers throughout the Commonwealth.
To provide evidence-based, high-quality education and training focusing on diabetes prevention and self-management to health care providers.
To improve quality and accessibility through innovative models of care for persons at risk for or with diabetes.
- Provide lifestyle coach training and technical assistance to health care professionals in the communities we serve.
- Increase access to diabetes, diabetes prevention and lifestyle education through telehealth in underserved areas in Virginia.
- Provide diabetes prevention and diabetes professional education programs to health care professionals in Virginia.
- Increase awareness, build capacity and promote sustainability for diabetes prevention and diabetes self-management programs in Virginia.
- Build partnership and collaborations through innovations in research and funding.
Below are VCDPE’s Telehealth Interest, Use, and Barriers Survey Reports, 2019