University of Virginia Resources
- University of Virginia School of Medicine Committee on Women
- Lactation spaces around campus
- UVA Hoo’s Well
- American Medical Women’s Association
- Association of American Medical Colleges, Women in Medicine
- Society for Women’s Health Research
- Facebook: Physician Moms Group
- The State of Women in Academic Medicine
- Work-life Balance & Avoiding Burnout
- Covey SR. The 7 habits of Highly Effective People. Free Press, 1990.
- Kabat-Zinn J. Wherever You Go, There You Are: Mindfulness Meditation in Everyday Life. Hyperion, 2005.
- Leiter MP, Maslach C. Banishing Burnout: Six Strategies for Improving Your Relationship with Work. Jossey-Bass, 2005.
- Babcock, L, Laschever, S. “Women Don’t Ask: Negotiation and Gender Divide”. Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press, 2003.
- Heim, P, Golant, SK. “Hardball for Women: Winning at the Game of Business”. Chicago, IL: Contemporary Books 1992.
- Plews-Ogan M, Beyt E. Wisdom Leadership in Academic Health Science Centers: Leading Positive Change. Radcliffe Publishing, 2014.
- Sandberg, Sheryl. Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead. Knopf. 2013.
- Collaboration in academic medicine: reflections on gender and advancement. Carr et al. 2009.
- Defining, navigating and negotiating success. Kalet et al. 2006.
- Experiencing the culture of academic medicine: gender matters, a national study. Pololi et al. 2013