This Great New Community Survey!
This Great New Community Survey (TGNC) is seeking the participation from eligible Transgender and Gender Non-Conforming / Non-Binary persons.
The Virginia Department of Health and the University of Virginia are collaborating on this survey to explore the health, wellness, and experience of TGNC Virginians. Our goal is to use the results to better understand and serve the healthcare needs of TGNC people living in Virginia.
Each participant will receive a $50 gift card for taking the survey.
Who can participate?
Participants must be:
- 18 years of age or older
- Identify as transgender or gender non-conforming/non-binary (who does this include?)
- Live in and/or receive health care services in Virginia
- Have never taken the 2021-2022 survey
How do I take the survey?
- Get started now by completing the online Survey Interest Form
- A Study Team Member will review your eligibility
- If eligible, a Study Team Member will follow up with you to set a day and time to conduct your interview over the phone.
- Depending on your responses, the survey will take about 90 minutes.
- You will receive a $50 gift card from either Target or Walmart for completing the survey.
- Only one survey per person, please!
How YOU Can Help Spread the Word and get More Voices Heard!
- Take the survey yourself! Get started here: Survey Interest Form
- Send the attached Flyers and this Survey Interest Form link to your TGNC friends by email or text message!
- Post the attached Flyers and the Survey Interest Form link to your social media accounts or relevant social media group pages.
Questions? Visit our FAQ page.
Email us at TGNCstudy@virginia.edu, or you can call 1-855-488-2248 during business hours.
IRB SBS #3915
Principal Investigator: Dr. Karen Ingersoll, Faculty member, Psychiatry and Neurobehavioral Sciences at the University of Virginia