Each year, the Department of Medicine recognizes excellence and outstanding contributions from our faculty and staff members with awards in the following categories:
- Clinical Care – as demonstrated by outstanding productivity, a high level of patient satisfaction, development of new programs, or other areas of excellence.
- Research – as demonstrated by new grant funding, publication of research findings, or other areas of excellence.
- Teaching – as demonstrated by outstanding teaching reviews, development of new curricula, or other areas of excellence.
- Mentoring – as demonstrated by leadership in faculty development.
- Administration – as demonstrated by managerial leadership.
- Outstanding Staff Contribution – as demonstrated by outstanding citizenship and support of the missions of the Department of Medicine.
- Any member of the department–faculty, staff, fellows, residents–may submit recommendations for awards.
- All recommendations must be submitted to the appropriate division chief (i.e., the division chief for the person you are recommending).
- Formal nominations from division chiefs must be accompanied by a brief letter of support (one page or less), with relevant supporting documents–e.g., other letters of support, teaching evaluations, publications, etc.
- Nominations from division chiefs are reviewed by, and award decisions are made by, a panel composed of the DOM chair and vice chairs.
- Due date for submissions from division chiefs to the Chair’s office is May 1, 2016.
- In each category, up to five awards are given.
- Awards are presented at the June faculty and staff meetings.
Help us recognize outstanding contributions from members of our department by submitting nominations!