The University of Virginia Health System has long been recognized for its extensive efforts in research, education and clinical care; efforts that extend to the Department of Urology. Whether it’s inpatient or outpatient services, UVa offers innovative care for a wide variety of urological disorders using the latest methods and technology provided by some of the country’s foremost doctors known worldwide for their specialty care.
Raymond A. Costabile, M.D., Chair
- Learn how to in the UVa Department of Urology.
- For information on UVa’s Urology residency or other Training programs please visit our .
- To register for upcoming conferences & courses, please visit the Continuing Medical Education website.
- ACS-Funded Study of Novel Urology-Telemedicine Model: A Research Scholar Grant from the American Cancer Society led by PI Dr. Tracey Krupski (Department of Urology). The multidisciplinary team includes other Co-Investigators from Urology, the School of Nursing, and Telemedicine. The purpose of this study is to implement a telemedicine approach for delivering surveillance cystoscopy for bladder cancer patients in rural Virginia. The novel tele-cystoscopy model aims to improve compliance rates with surveillance guidelines and detect cancer recurrence earlier. The project is titled “Tele-cystoscopy: Widening Access to Bladder Cancer Surveillance”.
- “The Signature of Sperm” the mini-documentary by Dr. John Herr
- Fitness Series 1 – UVA Urology Department