Frequently Asked Questions
This page answers some frequently asked questions regarding our training. If you do not see your question on this page, please contact Jaelyn Munson.
Lifestyle Coach Training General Questions
- Who can attend the training?
This training is open to individuals who are affiliated with CDC recognized organizations, plan on applying for CDC recognition and individuals who want to broaden their scope of practice and offer their services as a National DPP Lifestyle Coach to an existing CDC-recognized organization. There are no professional or educational requirements for becoming a National DPP Lifestyle Coach.
- What are the requirements to receive my certificate of completion?
Trainees must attend all training sessions, homework, and deliver a Coach-back on one assigned Prevent T2 session. Coach-backs give you the chance to practice as a lifestyle coach. You will be assigned one module topic to deliver to your peers as part of the training. You will facilitate only a part of the assigned session.
- What is the cost of the Lifestyle Coach Training?
Please visit our Lifestyle Coach Training page and scroll down to “Cost” for details.
- How should I register for The Lifestyle Coach Training (LCT)?
Please visit our Virtual LCT Registration page or In-Person LCT Registration page to register for the specific training of interest.
- Will I receive a registration confirmation?
After successfully completing the registration and payment process, you will receive an email from email@example.com with the subject line, “EPAY@UVA Payment Notification” confirming your registration and payment. VCDPE sends a welcome letter with course information 2-3 weeks before the training begins.
- Can I register multiple people at one time?
Yes. If your organization wants to register >4 people, contact Jaelyn Munson to register in bulk.
- Does this training offer continuing education credits?
The VCDPE Lifestyle Coach Training offers continuing education credits for registered dietitians, registered nurses, certified diabetes educators, and other health professionals through the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND). You will receive 11.0 continuing professional education units (CPEUs) from AND for the in-person training and 6.0 CPEUs for the online training. More information about obtaining credit will be given at the training.
- Can I receive a refund if I need to cancel my Lifestyle Coach Training?
Refunds must be requested within 30 days after you pay. If this deadline is missed, at the registrant’s request we will transfer the registration to another training session.
- Under what conditions could the training be canceled?
While canceling a training is unlikely, if registration for a particular training is less than 7 people, VCDPE may cancel the training. In the event of a canceled training, VCDPE will work with you to either place you in the next training or refund your payment.
In-Person Lifestyle Coach Questions
- Where is the location of the in-person Lifestyle Coach Training?
VCDPE provides in-person lifestyle coach trainings at our main office in Charlottesville, Virginia. To find out more details of logistics for these trainings, please view the In-Person LCT section on our National DPP Training page. We also provide trainings at distance site locations for groups.
- Do I have to make my own travel arrangements?
Yes, you will need to make your own travel and hotel reservations. VCDPE will provide travel and logistic recommendations once registered.
- What materials will I receive at the in-person training?
You will receive:
- Lifestyle Coach Facilitation Guide (from the Prevent T2 curriculum)
- DPP Program Participant Guide (from the Prevent T2 curriculum)
- A copy of the PowerPoint slides that are used for the training
- Additional Resources
In addition, at the training you will receive information about the technical assistance opportunities that we offer.
- Will food be provided during the in-person training?
Lunch and refreshments (coffee, tea, water, light snacks) will be provided. If you need a full breakfast, please eat before coming to the training.
- What should I bring to the in-person training?
Please bring a pen or pencil and we will provide all other training-related materials. Also be ready to learn!
Advanced Training General Questions
- When I sign up for an on-demand advanced training, the site takes me to another site to register. Why is that?
VCDPE works with the University of Virginia Continuing Medical Education department to offer our Advanced Training On-Demand webinars. Therefore, the VCDPE site connects you to the UVACEVillage site to register and view your advanced training.
- Why is the UVACEVillage site asking me to create a login and password?
For you to view the webinar and receive your certificate and CEU, we need you to create your own login and password. This will give you the ability to view the webinar over time and provides VCDPE and UVA CME information about course completion; information required to receive CME.
- Can I sign up multiple coaches from my organization to partake in one or more of your Advanced Trainings?
Yes. Please contact Jaelyn Munson to register multiple coaches or for multiple courses.