Sample Submission & Data Retrieval – Mass Spectrometry
Use iLab to enter requests for services.
- See guidelines on sample preparation
- If this is a first time experiment, contact the lab about what data you need, the capabilities of the technique and sample requirements
- In iLab there is a link to an Excel file for loading sample data. A note on the purpose of the data is often helfpul and also complete information on the composition and amount of the current solvent
- Frequent users of MALDI may find it worthwhile to use the Open Access program and run samples themselves (users need to bring their own sample plate)
- Give sample tubes unique names
- Bring to room 1105 Jordan Hall
- If submitting gel bands, bring the whole gel and a picture showing the bands or spots to be analyzed.
- If shipping the gel from outside the University of Virginia, we suggest sealing it in a plastic bag. Place the bag between sheets of cardboard for protection. Send samples to:
Dr. Nicholas Sherman
Department of Microbiology, Box 800734,
University of Virginia Health System,
Jordan Hall room 1105
1340 Jefferson Park Avenue
Charlottesville, VA 22908-0734