Become a Member
The goal of the NCI Cancer Center Support Grant is to foster research that will improve the understanding, treatment, and prevention of cancer. We support innovative collaborative and interdisciplinary research including basic, translational, clinical, and population-based research. We encourage investigators with new perspectives and technologies to apply their expertise to the cancer problem.
However, the research we support must have a clear and central cancer focus. All investigators interested in participating in the Cancer Center should apply for membership.
Full Member Benefits
- Are eligible for reduced rates (co-pays) at the shared research resources.
- Have the opportunity to apply for a variety of internal opportunities that can provide funds for pilot projects, thus enabling members to obtain preliminary data for external funding opportunities.
- Can access research development services such as: development of collaborative teams for multi- and interdisciplinary proposals, proposal development support, and connecting members with other Cancer Center members for collaborations.
- Can access resources specific to the UVACCC such as:
- Access to multiple events, seminars, and trainings throughout the year such as:
- Cancer Center Seminar
- Cancer Center Journal Club
- Program Meetings
- Cancer Center Retreat
- Celebrations of Diversity through Food and Music
- DEI Leadership Training and Curriculum
- Access to our Office of Community Outreach and Engagement (OCOE) to assist in facilitating partnerships between investigators and community stakeholders, potential study participants, and internal resources.
- Associate Members have all the same benefits as full members with the exception of receiving a co-pay at the shared resources.