Protocol Development Team
The Protocol Development Team (PDT) provides expertise in developing and implementing investigator-initiated clinical trials. The team provides research support to clinical and research faculty to expand the investigator-initiated clinical research platform within the UVA Cancer Center.
PDT members collaborate with clinicians, research scientists, biostatisticians, clinical research coordinators, SOM-CTO and other core staff members to support clinical research. We offer assistance to Cancer Center members with the following:
- Drafting and editing of clinical trial protocols and trial related documents (e.g., consent forms)
- Drafting and editing of LOIs and clinical trial associated grant submissions
- Development of study budgets
- Preparation and submission of protocol materials to internal review committees (e.g., PRC, IRB-HSR)
- Preparation of FDA submissions (e.g. IND and IDE applications, annual reports)
- Preparation and maintenance of regulatory files
- Project management
- Education of study staff
It’s best to contact the PDT early in the development of your study concept. Investigators are asked to enter their protocol concept and requests for assistance through a RedCap-based platform.