Opportunities for Professional Education
from UVA Department of Medicine
- Medicine Grand Rounds: Weekly series available for CME credit. Speakers include UVA faculty and distinguished clinicians and researchers from other institutions. Free and open to all. Schedule>>
- Medical Center Hour
- Recent Advances in Clinical Medicine: Annual fall conference (in 2016, held Oct. 26-28) organized and chaired by DOM faculty members, held at the Omni in Charlottesville. The conference is aimed at both generalists and specialists who wish to stay abreast of advances in medical care. More>>
- Carey-Marshall-Thorner Research & Scholars Day: At this annual scientific meeting in May, hosted by the Department of Medicine, DOM residents, fellows and graduates present their research through poster sessions and oral presentations. Free and open to all. More>>
- UVA Office of Continuing Medical Education (CME) offers sponsored series for CME credit throughout the year, including ones organized by the Department of Medicine and its divisions. For a current schedule of offerings, go here.
- More seminars/lectures here.