Santen, Richard J.
Emeritus Professor, Medicine: Endocrinology and Metabolism
- Residency, Internal Medicine, University of Michigan
- Residency, Internal Medicine, New York Hospital-Cornell Medical Center
- Clinical Fellowship, Endocrinology, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA
- BA, Philosophy, College of the Holy Cross
- MD, Medicine, University of Michigan
(1) Expression of Aromatase and Role of Estrogen in Breast Cancer. (2)Hormonal treatment of menopause. (3)Development of an intensive self-management program for patients with diabetes mellitus in rural, underserved areas.
Patients with diabetes mellitus living in underserved, financially challenged areas do not receive comprehensive care due to the lack of diabetologists and financial resources. We are developing a technology based approach that involves a six month intensive program in self management.