In the interest of cultivating a collaborative research environment, the UVA Department of Orthopaedics has held an annual research retreat annually since 2015. The third annual Orthopaedic Research Retreat was held on April 8, 2017 at the Darden School of Business in Charlottesville, VA. Organized by UVA Orthopaedic’s Dr. Quanjun Cui, the 2017 retreat featured outstanding lectures on regenerative rehabilitation, biomaterials, and current UVA clinical trials. Three breakout sessions focusing on regenerative rehabilitation, biomaterials applications, and the Center for Advanced Biomanufacturing at UVA generated outstanding discussion on current research and potential collaborative and translational projects. We look forward to building upon the momentum to establish our institution as a national and international leader in musculoskeletal research.
Presenters and their talks are linked below.
- Dr. Quanjun Cui – Introduction
- Dr. Shawn Russell – Kinematics and Kinetics of Regenerative Rehabilitation
- Dr. Joseph Hart – Clinical Trials in Orthopaedic Surgery
- Dr. Mike McConnell – Stem Cell Based Medicine
- Dr. Don Griffin – Biomaterials for Orthopedics: Regenerative Hydrogels
- Dr. Shayn Pierce-Cottler – Center for Advanced Biomanufacturing
- Christopher L. Dearth, PhD – Wounded Warrior Project Military Capabilities and Collaboration
Facility Research Director – EACE, WRNMMC Chief – Research & Development Section, DoR, WRNMMC Director – Regenerative Biosciences Lab, USUHS Assistant Professor – USUHS
- Dr. Nathan Swami – Microfabrication for Regeneration Repair and Replacement of Musculoskeletal Issues
- UVA Orthopaedic Research and Publication Data [2014 – 2016]
Our mission is to attain a national and international reputation as a leader in academic orthopaedics in the areas of patient care, orthopaedic education, and musculoskeletal research.
Filed Under: Research