Our mission is to attain a national and international reputation as a leader in academic orthopaedics in the areas of patient care, orthopaedic education, and musculoskeletal research.
In the area of patient care, we strive to provide state-of-the-art, comprehensive but cost-effective care for all musculoskeletal disorders; Provide prompt treatment by responsive and compassionate physicians in quality facilities; Achieve the best outcome for every patient and treat patients while being sensitive to their ability to pay for their services.
Our education goals include providing quality graduate orthopaedic education through a structured innovative teaching and evaluation process; Training and nurturing the next generation of orthopaedic physicians, who will utilize medical care decision making techniques based on outcomes-based evidence when considering diagnostic and therapeutic options of care.
Our research endeavors will continue to make significant advances in musculoskeletal scientific knowledge and clinical practice through collaborative basic science, translational, and clinical research.
Our vision is to be an academic leader in orthopaedic clinical care and innovative resident education. In addition, we aspire to be a national leader in musculoskeletal research. To achieve our vision, we will adhere to the following values to promote ethical, respectful and collaborative relationships:
- We will be sensitive to our patients’ social, cultural and financial challenges.
- We will endeavor to provide our patients with practical and ethical solutions that lead to their receiving quality care and superior outcomes, yet in a cost-effective manner.
- We will be honest in our opinions and advice which will be based on rigorous scientifically sound outcomes-based research.
- We will support a greater diversity of ideas and communities and promote mutual respect.
- We will respect and promote teamwork and collaboration as the best model for success.
- We will recruit, nurture, reward and retain quality faculty and staff while being fiscally responsible.
- We will embrace creativity, seek new knowledge, and foster high achievement and excellence in all aspects of our mission.