1) Please send an email describing your interests as related to the research being done here at DOPS
2) Send your resume to DOPS Research Coordinator Lori Derr, at LLD4A@virginia.edu.
3) Once we receive your resume, we will ask you to schedule an interview to determine if our needs match your interests.
Amanda Rhietti-Souto, UVA Student volunteer, academic years 2015-2018
4) If we decide to go forward, you will fill out an official UVA volunteer form.
5) Once the volunteer form is completed and approved, you will need to complete UVA Internal Review Board training to ensure appropriate and confidential handling of all materials related to the research. We ask that you do both the UVA IRB-SBS and IRB-HSR training. These are online courses that require about a 4-5 hour commitment for each type of IRB CITI training. Links to the training will be provided once the volunteer orientation process has begun.
6) The students and community members who present themselves as volunteers will need to commit to at least 3-4 hours every week for the arrangement to be successful for the student, the community member and for the DOPS research project.
Please note, depending on fluctuating research support needs, we can only take a certain number of qualified volunteers per semester.