Keats Alumni Society
The Keats Society is UVA’s Department of Radiology and Medical Imaging’s alumni society. Through the Society, we honor the life and legacy of Dr. Theodore Keats, who was a pioneer in the field of Radiology and the Chair of the UVA Radiology Department from 1963 to 1991. More information about Dr. Keats.
The goals for the society are to provide a means for the social and scientific reunion of the current and former Residents, Fellows, and Faculty members of the Department of Radiology and Medical Imaging. Additionally, and most importantly, the Society offers financial support to our current trainees through our Educational Endowment Fund by providing financial assistance that would otherwise not be available to expand and enhance their UVA educational experience.
Your generous giving to the Endowment Fund has enabled us to purchase the following for our trainees, to help facilitate learning and instill collegiality:
- Three invited Alumni Guest Lectures per year
- Licenses to Imaios e-Anatomy
- “Crack the Core” books for all 3rd years
- Welcome breakfast for 1st years
- Celebratory breakfast for 3rd years upon completion of boards
- Stocking of the resident lounge and decorations during celebratory months
- Fall and spring “Ladyologist Night” celebrations
- Riddervold Open Golf Tournament
- Departing resident gifts / resident graduation
- “Free” participation at all events during the Keats Society Homecoming Reunion Weekends