On June 22, 2016, the Orthopaedic Residency Program at the University of Virginia hosted our annual Resident Research Day. We are fortunate to have a group of residents who are outstanding not only clinically and surgically, but also in musculoskeletal research.
Abstracts for each research project are linked below.
- Tyrrell Burrus: Equivalent Outcomes for Patients Following Trochleoplasty as a Primary or Revision Patellar Stabilizing Procedure
- Rahman Kandil: Factors associated with patient-initiated phone calls after orthopaedic foot and ankle surgery
- Nathan Lanham: Is the CSA associated with long head of the biceps pathology?
- Josh Li: Can we treat radiculopathy via peripheral vein injection?
- Adam Wilson: Magnetic Resonance-Guided Focused Ultrasound for Treatment of Arthritic Pain in a Sheep Model
- Jeff Boatright: Systemic antibiotic absorption from calcium sulfate beads exceeds that from solid spacers used to treat hip and knee prosthetic joint infection (PJI)
- Andrew Bridgforth: Prospective evaluation of ulnar neuropathy treated with cubital tunnel decompression in patients with negative electromyogram findings
- Emily Cushnie: TTC Fusion Complications
- Wojciech Czoch: Use of CD-ROMS for Digital Image Viewing During New Pediatric Orthopaedic Consults – Do We Need a Standardized Viewer for Digital Imaging?
- David Lustenberger: Indications for CTA in lower extremity trauma, fractures or dislocations
- Jourdan Cancienne: Ambulatory TSA: A Comprehensive Analysis of Current Trends, Complications, Readmission, and Costs
- Beamer Carr: Primary Anterolateral Ligament Rupture in Patients Requiring Revision Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction: A Retrospective Magnetic Resonance Imaging Review
- Ian Dempsey: Routine Radiographs after Primary TSA
- Cody Evans: A Novel Technique for Applying Skeletal Traction to the Lower Extremity
- Ahmad Fashandi: Obesity is Associated with Protracted Postoperative Recovery after Lateral Ankle Stabilization
- Evan Carstensen: Arthroscopy after Total Knee Arthroplasty is Associated with Increased Infection and Revision Rates
- Dan Hess: Fibromyalgia and CRPS after Distal Radius Fracture
- Kevin Laroche: Effects of Link Protein N-terminal Peptide and Antioxidative Fullerol on Intervertebral Disk Degeneration
- Hakan Pehlivan: Implementation of Prehospital Antibiotics for Infection Prophylaxis in Open Fractures