McDermid, Joann M.
Assistant Professor, Medicine: Infectious Diseases and International Health
- RD, MS, Clinical Nutrition, Kingston General Hospital
- BS, Nutrition & Food Science, University of Alberta
- MSc, Dietetics & Human Nutrition, McGill University, Montreal, P.Q., CANADA
- PhD, Epidemiology & Population Health, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
- Diploma, Epidemiology & Biostatistics, McGill University, Montreal, P.Q., CANADA
Nutrition and major global infectious diseases; HIV/AIDS; tuberculosis and other respiratory infections; Cryptosporidium and enteric infections
I am interested in the complex interactions between dietary intake, nutritional health and immunology or infectious disease outcomes, primarily in a global context.