After a successful inaugural research retreat in 2015, the University of Virginia Department of Orthopaedic Surgery continues to cultivate a collaborative research environment. The second annual research retreat was held on April 23, 2016 at the Darden School of Business in Charlottesville, VA. Organized by UVA Orthopaedic’s Dr. Quanjun Cui, the 2016 retreat featured outstanding lectures on musculoskeletal injuries, tissue engineering, and rehabilitation. Three breakout sessions focusing on nerve/muscle/tendon engineering, osteogenesis/stem cells, and challenges in rehabilitation and performance generated outstanding discussion on current research and potential collaborative and translational projects. We look forward to building upon the momentum to establish our institution as a national and international leader in musculoskeletal research.
2016 UVA Orthopaedic Research Retreat Program
Presenters and their talks are linked below.
- Dr. Quanjun Cui – Introduction
- Dr. David Weiss – Muscle injury
- Dr. Nicole Deal – Nerve regeneration
- Dr. David Diduch – Muscle-Tendon Problems
- Dr. Francis Shen – Bone graft for spine fusions
- Dr. Quanjun Cui – Large Bone Defect
- Dr. Shawn Russell – Challenges in Performance/Rehab
Our mission is to attain a national and international reputation as a leader in academic orthopaedics in the areas of patient care, orthopaedic education, and musculoskeletal research.