ME: Mood Education Mobile Application
ME is a native smartphone app targeting issues related to distress, depression, and anxiety. It is composed of core educational content related to understanding the causes, prevalence, and impact of depression and anxiety symptoms, as well as scientifically supported strategies for managing stress. ME was designed to be quick and easy to use. The user can review the in-app content that is most useful and ignore the rest. The app will soon be available on the Google Play and iTunes app stores.
The ME app is part of a research study and only enrolled participants may use the app. Please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or would like further information.
Terms and Conditions
The summary below highlights some of the key points of this EULA:
- App is licensed, not sold, to you. You get a non-transferable license to use the App on any iPhone, iPad or iPod touch that you own or control.
- You may not redistribute the App (e.g., on a network, where it could be used by multiple users) or resell it.
- Do not copy, decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, or try to access or modify the source code of the App. If you do, your license may be terminated, and you may be subject to prosecution and damages.
- CBHT UVA may change, suspend, remove, disable or limit access to any services offered by CBHT UVA at any time without notice, and without liability.
- App comes with NO WARRANTY; it is provided on “as is” and “as available” basis for research purposes. CBHT UVA is not liable for any losses or damages suffered by you, direct indirect or consequential, by your use of the App.
The ME app is provided as a service to help you learn skills for managing your mental health symptoms only, and is currently being evaluated in a research study. This Application does not constitute the practice of any medical, nursing or other professional health care advice, diagnosis or treatment. The contents of the Application, such as text, graphics, images, data, graphs, audio, videos, computer programs and other material and information (collectively the “Content”), are for informational purposes only. THE CONTENT PROVIDED IN THIS APPLICATION IS NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR THE ADVICE OF YOUR PROFESSIONAL PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONAL. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONAL WITH ANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE REGARDING A MEDICAL SYMPTOM OR A MEDICAL CONDITION. NEVER DISREGARD PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE OR DELAY IN SEEKING IT BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU HAVE READ OR SEEN IN THIS APPLICATION. IF YOU THINK YOU HAVE A MEDICAL OR PSYCHIATRIC EMERGENCY, CALL 911 OR GO TO THE NEAREST HOSPITAL.
Before relying on the data in ME you should carefully evaluate information accuracy, validity, completeness and relevance for your own purposes and obtain any appropriate professional advice relevant to your particular circumstances.
The ME app is complex software that may contain bugs. While we are doing our best, we cannot guarantee that our software will work faultlessly in all situations and circumstances.
Data Collection and Storage
All data within the app is stored in your device. The ME app does not store any usernames and passwords you use to connect to any Third Parties – the username and password you provide to login is randomly generated. The ME app will not ask you to share information with Third Party services or applications (for example, when sharing on social media or with other apps on your phone). You may quit the study and/or uninstall ME at any time.
Data Retention and Deletion
Data collected in studies run by the University of Virginia are retained according to the policies set forth during the consent process, which normally require retention for the duration of the study. If you are participating in a study, you may email the study coordinator at any time to request deletion of your data. Contact information of the study team may be found in the ME app.
Updates and Changes