Did you know that…
- There are at least as many glia cells as neurons in the brain?
- The immune system is constantly surveying the brain?
- Brain immunity supports brain function and may make you smarter?
- Immune malfunction may underlie Autism spectrum disorders?
- Many neurodegenerative conditions can be attenuated by boosting immune activity?
- Major breakthroughs in immunology were made by studying Multiple Sclerosis?
- UVa School of Medicine has recently launched this multidisciplinary research center focused on
Brain Immunology and Glia (BIG) research?