Application Requirements for the UVA Geriatric Medicine Fellowship
The Geriatric Medicine fellowship program accepts one to two fellows each year for the 12-month program.
Applicants must have:
- M.D. or D.O. degree
- Three or more years of residency training in an ACGME-accredited program in internal medicine or family medicine
- U.S. citizenship, permanent residency, or a J-1 visa
How to apply:
- Our program participates in the Medical Specialties Matching Program (MSMP) Fellowship Match.
- Applications are accepted through ERAS.
- Interviews are conducted July through October. Decisions, which are based on match results, are made in November.
Required documents for ERAS application:
- Common application form
- Wallet-sized color photograph
- Personal statement
- Medical school transcript
- 3 letters of recommendation, one of which should be from the applicant’s internal medicine or family medicine residency program director
- USMLE or COMLEX transcript
- ECFMG status report (if applicable)
For more information on the UVA Geriatric Medicine Fellowship Program, please contact:
Christina Tieu, MD
UVA Division of General, Geriatric, Palliative &
PO Box 800901
Charlottesville, VA 22908