***We are currently experiencing increased processing times for all verification requests***
UVA Health System Postgraduate Training Verifications
The Graduate Medical Education office is able to verify postgraduate training (Internship /Residency/ Fellowship) completed at the University of Virginia Health System in Charlottesville, Virginia. The scope of what the GME office can verify is limited.
What the GME office can verify
- Name of trainee
- Training program and specialty
- Dates of training
- Successful completion of training
Forms that the GME office can not complete
- Forms that require the Program Director’s signature – contact the program directly
- Forms that ask for procedure or privileging verification – contact the program directly
- Forms with direct oversight questions (i.e.. “Based on your observation”) – contact the program directly
- Forms for UVA undergraduate or graduate programs: UVA Registrar Office
- Forms for UVA Medical school programs: Med School Student Handbook
- Forms for postgraduate training programs completed at the Carilion Clinic in Roanoke/Salem Virginia: contact GME Assistant,Tammy Ling, at Carilion Clinic: ph 540-581-0322 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Costs for these services are determined by the office completing the verification
What items need to be included in each verification request sent to the GME office?
- A release of information form signed by the trainee
- The program specialty and dates of training provided by the trainee
- The Trainee’s date of birth or last four digits of his or her Social Security number
- The preferred method of response to the request (e-mail, fax, or mail)
Verification requests can be e-mailed or mailed to the GME office
Fax: (434) 244-9438
Mailing Address- P.O. Box 800136, Charlottesville, VA, 22908. (attention Verification Office)
Costs for verifications completed by GME Office
There is no charge for verifications of training for programs that were completed within the last five years.
There is a $30.00 charge for verifications of training of programs completed five or more years ago. There is no charge for any federal entity or medical board requesting verification.
How to submit payment
An invoice will be emailed to you with instructions on how to submit the payment by a credit/debit card through our GME webpage. After the payment is received, the verification form will be sent to you.