Dr. McMurry is an Associate Professor of Biostatistics with interests in biomechanical injury, car crashes, surgical outcomes, infectious disease, nonparametric statistics, and time series. He has experience with Medicare and SEER-Medicare data, the National Cancer Database, the National Surgical Quality Improvement Program, and the NASS-CDS, CISS, CIREN, and FARS automotive crash databases. He has undergraduate degress in math and physics, and a Ph.D. in mathematics from the University of California, San Diego.
Dr. McMurry teaches the biostatistics sequence for the Department of Public Health Science’s MPH and MS-CR programs.
Department of Public Health Sciences
P.O. Box 800717
Charlottesville, VA 22908-0717
Old Med School, Room 3875
Statistical analysis of car crash data, infectious disease, surgical outcomes, time series, nonparametric statistics, and statistical consulting.
PHS 7000, Biostatistics I
PHS 7001, Biostatistics II
T. McMurry, D. Politis. iosmooth: Functions for smoothing with infinite order flat-top kernels. R package version 0.94, 2017.
- F. Turrentine, T. McMurry, R. Adams, R. Jones, V. Zaydfudim. Early patient discharge in selected patients is not associated with higher readmission after major abdominal operations. To appear in Annals of Surgery.
- P. Pavlinac, et al. The clinical presentation of culture-positive and culture-negative, qPCR-attributable shigellosis in the Global Enteric Multicenter Study and derivation of a Shigella severity score: implications for pediatric Shigella vaccine trials. To appear in Clincal Infectious Diseases.
- T. McMurry, E. McQuade, J. Liu, G. Kang, M. Kosek, A. Lima, P. Bessong, A. Samie, R. Haque, E. Mduma, J. Leite, N. Iqbal, N. Page, I. Kiwelu, Z. Bhutta, T. Ahmed, E. Houpt, J. Platts-Mills. Duration of post-diarrheal enteric pathogen carriage in young children in low-resource settings. To appear in Clinical Infectious Diseases.
- A. Bailey, T. McMurry, J. Cormier, J. Funk, J. Crandall, C. Mack, B. Myers, K. Arbogast. Comparison of laboratory and on-field performance of American football helmets. To appear in Annals of Biomedical Engineering.
- S. Tushak, T. McMurry, S. Lee, S. Hong, J. Kerrigan. Comparison of injuries in multiple and single event crashes. To appear in Traffic Injury Prevention.
- G. Talcott, T. McMurry, J. Ebbert, M. Fahey*, X. Wang, J. Murphy, M. McDevitt-Murphy, M. Little, R. Klesges. Dissemination of a universally delivered brief alcohol intervention in United States Air Force Technical Training. To appear in Journal of Addiction Medicine.
- J. Krampe, T. McMurry. Estimating Wold matrices and vector moving average processes. To appear in Journal of Time Series Analysis.
- K. Pebley, J. Murphy, X. Wang, G. Talcott, R. Klesges, M. McDevitt-Murphy, T. McMurry, M. Little. Validity of the alcohol purchase task with US military personnel. To appear in Experimental and Clinical Psychopharmacology.
- R. Thiele, B. Sarosiek, S. Modesitt, T. McMurry, M. Tiouririne, L. Martin, R. Blank, A. Shilling, J. Browne, D. Bogdonoff, T. Bauer, T. Hedrick. Development and Impact of an Institutional Enhanced Recovery Program on Opioid Use, Length of Stay, and Hospital Costs within an Academic Medical Center: A Cohort Analysis of 7,774 Patients. To appear in Anesthesia & Analgesia.
- F. Turrentine, W. Schenk, T. McMurry, C. Tache Leon, R. Jones. Surgical errors and the relationships of disease, risks, and adverse events. To appear in American Journal of Surgery.
- V. Zaydfudim, F. Turrentine, M. Smolkin, T. Bauer, R. Adams, T. McMurry. The impact of cirrhosis and MELD score on postoperative morbidity and mortality among patients selected for liver resection. American Journal of Surgery, 220(3), 682-686, 2020.
- M. Fahey, G. Talcott, T. McMurry, R. Klesges, D. Tubman, R. Krukowski, M. Little. When, how, & where tobacco initiation and relapse occur during U.S. Air Force technical training. Military Medicine, 185(5-6), e609-e615, 2020
- M. Little, M. Fahey, R. Klesges, T. McMurry, G. Talcott. Evaluating the effects of a brief tobacco intervention in the U.S. Air Force. To appear in Nicotine & Tobacco Research, 22(9), 1569-1577, 2020.
- J. Liao, A. Berg, T. McMurry. A robustified posterior for Bayesian inference on a large number of parallel effects. To appear in The American Statistician.
- D. Harris, L. Graham, T. McMurry, K. Esinhart, W. Teague. Characteristics relevant to respiratory health among African Americans attending church-based asthma programs in Atlanta. Journal of Health Care for the Poor and Underserved, 31, 623-634, 2020.
- T. McMurry, J. Forman, C. Shaw, J. Crandall. Evaluating the influence of knee airbags on lower limb and whole-body injury. Traffic Injury Prevention, 21(1), 72-77, 2020.
- J. Lobo, S. Kim, H. Kang, G. Ocker, T. McMurry, R. Balkrishnan, R. Anderson, A. McCall, J. Benitez, M. Sohn. Trends in uninsured rates before and after Medicaid expansion in the diabetes belt and non-belt counties. To appear in Diabetes Care.
- J. Mills, D. Rapp, N. Shaw, H. Hougen, H. Agard, R. Case Jr., T. McMurry, N. Schenkman, T. Krupski. Effect of active versus passive void trials on time to patient discharge, urinary tract infection, and urinary retention: a randomized clinical trial. World Journal of Urology, 38, 2247-2252, 2020.
- H. Joodaki, B. Gepner, T. McMurry, J. Kerrigan. Comparison of injuries of belted obese and non-obese occupants in frontal crashes. International Journal of Obesity, 44, 1319-1329, 2020.
- Y. Hu, T. McMurry, B. Goudreau, K. Leick, T. Le, V. Zaydfudim. Comparative effectiveness of lymphadenectomy strategies during curative resection for gastric adenocarcinoma. Journal of Gastrointestinal Surgery, 24, 2212-2218, 2020.
- J. Forman, G. Poplin, G. Shaw, T. McMurry, J. Ash, C. Sunnevang. Automobile injury trends in the contemporary fleet: belted occupants in frontal collisions. Traffic Injury Prevention, 20(6):607-612, 2019.
This paper was recognized in the Royal Statistical Society’s 2019 Statistics of the Year Awards.
- T. Hartka, C. Gancayco, T. McMurry, M. Robson, A. Weaver. Accuracy of algorithms to predict injury severity in older adults for trauma triage. Traffic Injury Prevention , 20:sup2, S81-S87, 2019.
- E. Charles, J. Mehaffey, R. Hawkins, S. Burks, T. McMurry, L. Yarboro, J. Kern, G. Ailawadi, I. Kron, B. Kozower. Meaningful Patient-centered Outcomes 1 Year Following Cardiac Surgery. To appear in Annals of Surgery.
- T. Hartka, G. Glass, C. Kao, T. McMurry. Development of injury risk models to guide CT evaluation in the emergency department after motor vehicle collisions. Traffic Injury Prevention, 19(sup2):S114-S120, 2018.
- A. Peters, L. Smith, P. Ababio, K. Breathett, T. McMurry, J. Kennedy, M. Abuannadi, J. Bergin, S. Mazimba. Comparative analysis of established risk scores and novel hemodynamic metrics in predicting right ventricular failure in left ventricular assist device patients. Journal of Cardiac Failure, 25(8), 620-628, 2019.
- M. Subramanian, J. Liu, C. Greenberg, J. Schumacher, G. Chang, T. McMurry, A. Francescatti, T. Semenkovich, J. Hudson, B. Meyers, V. Puri, B. Kozower. Imaging surveillance for surgically resected stage I non-small cell lung cancer: is more always better?, Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, 157(3):1205-1217.e2, 2019.
- A. Bailey, T. McMurry, R. Salzar, J. Crandall. An injury risk function for the leg exposed to axial impact loading using force and impulse. Journal of Biomechanical Engineering, 141(2), 021009-1–021009-7, 2019.
- I. Praharaj, J. Platts-Mills, S. Taneja, K. Antony, K. Yuhas, J. Flores, I. Cho, N. Bhandari, R. Revathy, A. Bavdekar, T. Rongsen-Chandola, T. McMurry, E. Houpt, G. Kang. Diarrheal etiology and impact of co-infections on rotavirus vaccine efficacy estimates in a clinical trial of a monovalent human-bovine (116E) oral rotavirus vaccine, Rotavac. Clinical Infectious Diseases, 69(2):243-350, 2019.
- J. Forman, T. McMurry. Non-linear models of injury risk, and implications in intervention targeting for thoracic injury mitigation. Traffic Injury Prevention, 19(sup2):S103-S108, 2018.
- M. Wong, T. McMurry, J. Schumacher, C.-Y. Hu, G. Stukenborg, A. Francescatti,C. Greenberg, G. Chang, D. Winchester, D. McKellar, L. Walter, B. Kozower. Comorbidity assessment in the National Cancer Database for patients with surgically resected breast, colorectal, and lung cancer. Journal of Oncology Practice, 14(10):e631-e643, 2018.
- J. Platts-Mills, J. Liu, E. Rogawski, F. Kabir, P. Lertsethtakarn, M. Siguas, S. Khan, I. Praharaj, A. Murei, R. Nshama, B. Mujaga, A. Havt, I. Maciel, T. McMurry, D. Operario, M. Taniuchi, J. Gratz, S. Stroup, J. Roberts, A. Kalam, F. Aziz, S. Qureshi, O. Islam, P. Sakpaisal, S. Silapong, P. Yori, R. Rajendiran, B. Benny, M. McGrath, B.McCormick, J. Seidman, D. Lang, M. Gottlieb, R. Guerrant, A. Lima, J. Leite, A. Samie, P. Bessong, N. Page, L. Bodhidatta, C, Mason, S. Shrestha, I. Kiwelu, E. Mduma, N. Iqbal, Z. Bhutta, T. Ahmed, R. Haque, G. Kang, M. Kosek, E. Houpt, and the MAL-ED Network Investigators. Aetiology, burden and clinical characteristics of diarrhoea in children in low-resource settings using quantitative molecular diagnostics: results from the MAL-ED cohort study. Lancet Global Health, 6(12):e1309-e1318, 2018.
- T. McMurry, G. Stukenborg, L. Kessler, G. Colditz, M. Wong, A. Francescatti, D. Jones, J. Schumacher, C. Greenberg, G. Chang, D. Winchester, D. McKellar, B. Kozower. More frequent surveillance following lung cancer resection is not associated with improved survival: A nationally representative cohort study. Annals of Surgery, 268(4):632-639, 2018.
- R. Richardson, T. McMurry, B. Gepner, J. Kerrigan. Field data analysis of recreational off-highway vehicle crashes. Traffic Injury Prevention, 19(6):623-628.
- M. Subramanian, T. McMurry, B. Meyers, V. Puri, B. Kozower. Long-term results for clinical stage 1A lung cancer–comparing lobectomy and sublobar resection. Annals of Thoracic Surgery, 106(2):375-381.
- T. McMurry, G. Poplin, G. Shaw, M. Panzer. Crash safety concerns for out-of-position occupant postures: a look towards safety in highly automated vehicles. Traffic Injury Prevention, 19(6), 582-587, 2018.
- D. LaPar, R. Hawkins, T. McMurry, J. Isbell, J. Rich, A. Speir, M Quader, I. Kron, J. Kern, G. Ailawadi. Preoperative anemia versus blood transfusion: which is the culprit for worse outcomes in cardiac surgery? Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, 156(1):66-74.e2, 2018.
- T. McMurry, D. Politis. Estimating MA parameters through factorization of the autocovariance matrix and an MA-sieve bootstrap. Journal of Time Series Analysis, 39:433-446, 2018.
- J. Liao, J. Cavanaugh, T. McMurry. Extending AIC to best subset regression. To appear in Computational Statistics.
- T. McMurry, K. Arbogast, C. Sherwood, F. Vaca, M. Bull, J. Crandall, R. Kent. Rear-facing versus forward-facing child restraints: an updated assessment. Injury Prevention, 24:55-59, 2018.
- T. Hassinger, F. Turrentine, R. Thiele, B. Sarosiek, T. McMurry, C. Friel, T. Hedrick. Acute kidney injury in the age of enhanced recovery protocols. Diseases of the Colon & Rectum, 61(8):946-954, 2018.
- R. Hawkins, J. Mehaffey, T. McMurry, M. Mullen, E. Charles, J. Kirby, S. Malin, B. Schirmer, P. Hallowell. Clinical significance of failure to lose weight 10 years after roux-en-y gastric bypass. Surgery for Obesity and Related Diseases, 13(10):1710-1716, 2017.
- D. Operario, J. Platts-Mills, S. Nadan, N. Page, M. Seher, J. Mphahlele, I. Praharaj, G. Kang, I. Araujo, J. Leite, D. Cowley, S. Thomas, C. Kirkwood, F. Dennis, G. Armah, J. Mwenda, P. Wijesinghe, G. Rey, V. Grabovac, C. Berejena, C. Simwaka, J. Uwimana, J. Sherchand, H. Thu, G. Galagoda, I. Bonkoungou, S. Jagne, E. Tsolenyanu, A. Diop, C. Enweronu-Laryea, S. Borbor, J. Liu, T. McMurry, B. Lopman, U. Parashar, J. Gentsch, A. Steele, A. Cohen, F. Serhan, and E. Houpt. Etiology of severe acute watery diarrhea in children in the global rotavirus surveillance network using quantitative polymerase chain reaction. Journal of Infectious Diseases, 216:220-227, 2017.
- J. Platts-Mills, C. Amour, J. Gratz, R. Nshama, T. Walongo, B. Mujaga, A. Maro, T. McMurry, J. Liu, E. Mduma, E. Houpt. Impact of rotavirus vaccine introduction and post-introduction etiology of diarrhea requiring hospital admission in Haydom, Tanzania, a rural African setting. Clinical Infectious Disease, 65(7):1144-1151, 2017.
- G. Poplin, T. McMurry, J. Forman, T. Hartka, J. Ash, D. Parent, M. Craig, E. Song, R. Kent, G. Shaw, J. Crandall. Development of thoracic injury risk functions for the THOR ATD. Accident Analysis and Prevention, 106:122-130, 2017.
- T. McMurry, P. Shah, P. Samson, C. Robinson, B. Kozower. Treatment of stage I non-small cell lung cancer: What’s trending? Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, 154(3):1080-1087, 2017.
- J. Stringham, J. Phillips, T. McMurry, D. Lambert, D. Jones, J. Isbell, C. Lau, B. Kozower. Prospective study of giant paraesophageal hernia repair with 1 year follow-up. Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, 154(2), 743-751, 2017.
- G. Shaw, D. Lessley, J. Ash, J. Poplin, T. McMurry, M. Sochor, J. Crandall. Small female ribcage fracture in frontal sled tests. Traffic Injury Prevention, 18(1):77-82, 2017.
- M. Wong, T. McMurry, G. Stukenborg, A. Francescatti, C. Amato-Martz, J. Schumacher, G. Chang, C. Greenberg, D. Winchester, D. McKellar, L. Walter, B. Kozower. Impact of age and comorbidity on treatment of non-small cell lung cancer recurrence following resection: A special study of the National Cancer Data Base. Lung Cancer, 102:108-117, 2016.
- K. Ikeda, G. Smith, J. Renehan, J. Isbell, T. McMurry, M. Rosner, R. Thiele. Multiparameter predictor of fluid responsiveness in cardiac surgical patients receiving tidal volumes less than 10 mL/kg. Seminars in Cardiothoracic and Vascular Anesthesia, 20(3):188-196, 2016.
- J. Liu, J. Platts-Mills, J. Juma, F. Kabir, J. Nkeze, C. Okoi, D. Operario, et al. Aetiology of childhood diarrhoea using quantitative diagnostics: a re-analysis of the GEMS case-control study. The Lancet, 388:1291-1301, 2016.
- T. McMurry, G. Poplin, J. Crandall. Functional recovery patterns in seriously injured automotive crash victims. Traffic Injury Prevention, 17(S1), 21-26, 2016.
- S. Chapman-Smith, P. Govindarajan, M. Padrick, J. Lippman, T. McMurry, B. Resler, et al. A low-cost, tablet-based option for prehospital neurological assessment: the iTREAT Study. Neurology, 87(1):19-26, 2016.
- M. Huerter, E. Charles, Y. Hu, T. McMurry, C. Lau, J. Isbell, B. Kozower. Enteral access is not required for esophageal cancer patients undergoing neoadjuvant therapy. Annals of Thoracic Surgery, 102(3):948-954, 2016.
- R. Blank, D. Colquhoun, M. Durieux, B. Kozower, T. McMurry, S. Bender, B. Naik. Management of one lung ventilation; impact of tidal volume and ventilator driving pressure on complications after thoracic surgery. Anesthesiology, 124(6): 1286-1295, 2016.
- T. McMurry, D. Bose, S. Ridella, A. Eigen, J. Crandall, J. Kerrigan. Epidemiology of moderate-to-severe injury patterns observed in rollover crashes. Accident Analysis and Prevention, 90:36-40, 2016.
- B. Naik, E. Nemergut, L. Fernandez, A. Kazemi, S. Cederholm, T. McMurry, M. Durieux. Effect of dexmedetomidine on postoperative opioid consumption and pain after major spine surgery. Anesthesia & Analgesia, 122(5):1646-1653, 2016.
- Y. Hu, H. Warren, T. McMurry, R. Goodrich, J. Choi, A. Mahmutovic, H. Kim, S. Rasmussen. Cumulative sum: An individualized proficiency metric for laparoscopic fundamentals. Journal of Pediatric Surgery, 51(4):598-602, 2016.
- J. Lippman, S. Chapman-Smith, T. McMurry, Z. Sutton, B. Gunnell, J. Cote, D. Perina, D. Cattell-Gordon, K. Rheuban, N. Solensik, B. Worrall, A. Southerland. Mobile telestroke during ambulance transport is feasible in a rural EMS setting: the iTREAT Study. Telemedicine and e-Health, 22(6):507-513, 2016.
- A. Ash, J. Ash, T. McMurry, A. Schwenk, B. Tenner. A balanced diplomacy tournament. Journal of Combinatorial Mathematics and Combinatorial Computing, 96:245-264, 2016.
- Y. Hu, T. McMurry, G. Stukenborg, B. Kozower. Readmission predicts 90-day mortality following esophagectomy: Analysis of Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results Registry linked to Medicare outcomes. Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, 150(5):1254-1260, 2015.
- V. Zaydfudim, T. McMurry, A. Harrigan, C. Friel, G. Stukenborg, T. Bauer, R. Adams, T. Hedrick. Improving treatment and survival: a population-based study of current outcomes after a hepatic resection in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer. HPB, 17(11):1019-1024, 2015.
- T. McMurry, C. Sherwood, G. Poplin, M. Seguí-Gómez, J. Crandall. Implications of functional capacity loss and fatality for vehicle safety prioritization. Traffic Injury Prevention, 16sup2:S140-S145, 2015.
- A. Bailey, T. McMurry, G. Poplin, R. Salazar, J. Crandall. Survival model for foot and leg high rate axial impact injury data. Traffic Injury Prevention, 16sup2:S96-S102, 2015.
- T. Hartka, G. Poplin, T. McMurry, M. Sochor. Analysis of First Rib Fractures in Motor Vehicles Collisions: Still a Hallmark of Severe Trauma? Short Communications from AAAM’s 59th Annual Scientific Conference, Traffic Injury Prevention, 16sup2:S233-S237, 2015.
- J. Ivarsson, G. Poplin, T. McMurry, J. Crandall, and J. Kerrigan, Occupant injury in rollover crashes – contribution of planar impacts with objects and other vehicles. Accident Analysis and Prevention, 85:111–117, 2015.
- T. McMurry, Y. Hu, E. Blackstone, B. Kozower. Propensity scores: methods, considerations, and applications in the Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery. Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, 40(1):14–19, 2015.
- M. Meyer, T. McMurry, D. Politis. Baxter’s inequality for triangular arrays. Mathematical Methods of Statistics, 24(2):135–146, 2015.
- L. Archbald-Pannone, T. McMurry, C. Warren, R. Guerrant. Delirium and other clinical factors with Clostridium difficile infection that predict mortality in hospitalized patients. American Journal of Infection Control, 47(7):690-693, 2015.
- J. Teng, T. Halbert, T. McMurry, P. Levine, J. Christophel. Histopathologic margin distance in survival in resection of cutaneous melanoma of the head and neck. The Laryngoscope 125(8):1856-1860, 2015.
- F. Hauck, K. Tanabe, T. McMurry, R. Moon. Evaluation of Bedtime Basics for Babies: a national crib distribution program to reduce the risk of sleep-related sudden infant deaths. Journal of Community Health, 40:457–463, 2015.
- R. Thiele, K. Rea , F. Turrentine, C. Friel, T. Hassinger, B. Goudreau, B. Umapathi, I. Kron, R. Sawyer, T. Hedrick, T. McMurry. Standardization of care: impact of an enhanced recovery protocol on length of stay, complications, and direct costs after colorectal surgery. Journal of the American College of Surgeons, 220(4):443–445, 2015.
- T. McMurry, D. Politis. High-dimensional autocovariance matrices and optimal linear prediction (with discussion). Electronic Journal of Statistics, 9:753–822, 2015. (preprint)
- T. McMurry, G. Poplin. Statistical considerations in the development of injury risk functions. Traffic Injury Prevention, 16(6):618-626, 2015.
- G. Poplin, T. McMurry, J. Forman, T. Hartka, G. Park, G. Shaw, J. Shin, H. Kim, and J. Crandall. Nature and etiology of hollow-organ abdominal injuries in frontal crashes. Accident Analysis and Prevention 78:51-57, 2015.
- Y. Hu, T. McMurry, J. Isbell, G. Stukenborg, B. Kozower. Readmission following lung cancer resection is associated with a six-fold increase in 90-day postoperative mortality. Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, 148(5):2261-2267.e1, 2014.
- L. Pastore, T. McMurry, C. Williams, V. Baker, S.Young. AMH in women with diminished ovarian reserve: potential differences by FMR1 CGG repeat level. Journal of Assisted Reproduction and Genetics, 31(10):1295-1301, 2014.
- D. Walters, T. McMurry, J. Isbell, G. Stukenborg, B. Kozower. Understanding mortality as a quality indicator following esophagectomy. Annals of Thoracic Surgery, 98:506-512, 2014.
- S. Chapman, P. Mehndiratta, M. Johansen , T. McMurry, K. Johnston, A. Southerland. Current perspectives on the use of intravenous recombinant tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) for treatment of acute ischemic stroke. Vascular Health and Risk Management, 10:75-87, 2014.
- B. Naik, D. Colquhoun, W. McKinney, A. Smith, B. Titus, T. McMurry, J. Raphael, M. Durieux. Incidence and risk factors for acute kidney injury after spine surgery using the RIFLE classification. Journal of Neurosurgery: Spine, 20(5):505-511, 2014.
- Y. Hu, T. McMurry, K. Wells, J. Isbell, G. Stukenborg, B. Kozower. Postoperative mortality is an inadequate quality indicator for lung cancer resection. Annals of Thoracic Surgery, 97(3):973-979, 2014.
- G. Politis, S. Stemland, R. Balireddy, J. Brockhaus, K. Hughes, M. Goins, T. McMurry. Propofol for pediatric tracheal intubation with deep anesthesia during sevoflurane induction: dosing according to elapsed time for two age groups. Journal of Clinical Anesthesia, 26(1):25-35, 2014.
- J. Liao, T. McMurry, A. Berg. Prior robust empirical Bayes inference for large scale data by conditioning on rank with application to microarray data. Biostatistics, 15(1):60-73, 2014.
- D. Colquhoun, L. Dunn, T. McMurry, R. Thiele. The relationship between the area of peripherally-derived pressure volume loops and systemic vascular resistance. Journal of Clinical Monitoring and Computing, 27(6):689-696, 2013.
- J. Christophel, A. Johnson, T. McMurry, S. Park, P. Levine. Predicting positive margins in resection of cutaneous melanoma of the head and neck. The Laryngoscope, 123(3):683-688, 2013.
- T. McMurry, D. Politis, J. Romano. Subsampling inference with K populations and a nonstandard Behrens-Fisher problem. International Statistical Review, 80(1):149-175, 2012.
- M. Amezziane, T. McMurry. Bandwidth selection for adaptive density estimators. Journal of Applied Probability and Statistics, 6(1-2):29-46, 2012.
- A. Berg, T. McMurry, D. Politis, Testing time series linearity: traditional and bootstrap methods. Invited chapter for Handbook of Statistics, Volume 30: Time Series Analysis, (T. Subba Rao et al., Eds.), Elsevier, North Holland, 2012.
- T. McMurry, D. Politis. Banded and tapered estimates for autocovariance matrices and the linear process bootstrap. Journal of Time Series Analysis, 31:471-482, 2010.
- A. Berg, T. McMurry, D. Politis. Subsampling p-values. Statistics and Probability Letters, 80:1358-1364, 2010.
- B. Kim, T. McMurry, W. Zhao, R. Wu, A. Berg. Wavelet-based functional clustering for patterns of high-dimensional dynamic gene expression. Journal of Computational Biology, 17(8):1067-1080, 2010.
- N. Li, T. McMurry, A. Berg, Z. Wang, S. Berceili, R. Wu. Functional clustering of periodic transcriptional profiles through ARMA(p,q). PLoS ONE, 5(4), 2010.
- T. McMurry, D. Politis. Resampling methods for functional data. Invited chapter for The Oxford Handbook of Functional Data Analysis (F. Ferraty and Y. Romain, Eds.), Oxford University Press, 2010.
- T. McMurry, D. Politis. Bootstrap confidence intervals in nonparametric regression with built-in bias correction. Statistics and Probability Letters, 78:2463-2469, 2008.
- T. McMurry, D. Politis. Minimally biased nonparametric regression and autoregression. RevStat –Statistical Journal, 6(2):123-150, 2008.
- L. Parker, A. Engel-Hall, K. Drew, G. Steinhardt, D. Helseth, Jr, D. Jabon, T. McMurry, D. Angulo, S. Kron. Investigating quantitation of phosphorylation using MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry. Journal of Mass Spectrometry, 43(4):518-527, 2008.
- T. McMurry, D. Politis. Nonparametric regression with infinite order flat-top kernels. Journal of Nonparametric Statistics, 16(3-4):549-562, 2004.