- Design Thinking in Science by Tim Brown – “Thinking like a designer can transform the way you develop products, services, processes—and even strategy.”
- A guide to mentoring undergraduates in the laboratory by Philip S. Lukeman – “Mentoring undergraduates in a research laboratory requires a different set of skills and approaches than for other lab members. However, if a mentor — be it a faculty member, postdoc or graduate student — can adopt these methods, it can lead to a significantly improved lab experience for everyone involved.
- Career trends – Developing Your Skills – “Many scientists … don’t realize they may already be equipped with skills to make their next career move.”
- Two Minutes To Impress by Roberta Kwok – “With ruthless revision, researchers can compose a punchy ‘elevator speech’ to sell their science to a neighbour, potential employer or politician.”
TED Talks & Videos
- How great leaders inspire action by Simon Sinek – “Simon Sinek has a simple but powerful model for inspirational leadership — starting with a golden circle and the question ‘Why?’ His examples include Apple, Martin Luther King, and the Wright brothers”
- The best Stats you’ve ever seen by Hans Rosling – “You’ve never seen data presented like this. With the drama and urgency of a sportscaster, statistics guru Hans Rosling debunks myths about the so-called ‘developing world.'”