Research in Practice Concentration Competencies
- Generate hypotheses and assess relevant variables to measure and address health problems.
- Synthesize quantitative and/or qualitative data from numerous sources to assess the health status of populations and/or evaluate programs or interventions
- Choose data visualization techniques to design a communication strategy fora range of community and professional stakeholders
- Design a research study to address a health problem using a secondary/population data source
- Manage data with appropriate software for collection, storage, analysis, and presentation
- Incorporate equity and ethical principles and best practices in population health research in practice.
Health Policy, Law, and Ethics Concentration Competencies
- Synthesize health information and data from numerous sources to generate policy options to improve population health outcomes.
- Conduct a comprehensive economic review and analysis of a public health policy.
- Formulate strategic or financial plans for public health or healthcare organizations
- Assess the organizational structure, responsibilities, and values of key stakeholders, including governmental and nongovernmental organizations, to design and evaluate health policy options
- Evaluate ethical and/or legal dimensions of a policy, program , or public health action, choosing or creating appropriate frameworks.
- Incorporate equity and ethical principles and best practices in the development and evaluation of health policies.