Eligibility and Requirements
– Must be a high school student 10th or 11th grade
– Must be able to commit to the whole program
– Grades B or better throughout high school career
– One letter of recommendation as well as short essay indicating interest in the program
- Community Service
- As part of the program, students are required to do 5 hours of community service each semester. To help students acquire those hours, we will be organizing service events throughout the year.
- Each participant will be responsible to do a project on the topic of their choice. For the project, the participant will research a certain aspect (etiology, pathogenesis, management) of a medical condition. They will present their project at the end of the year in front of UVA medical students and faculty. All presentations will be uploaded to the program’s online website.