Request mass spectrometry services through iLab, see Instructions
Analysis and Identification
- Protein identification and sequencing from gel or solution by ESI-LC/MS/MS at the low femtomole level (Simple Mixture MS/MS service).
- Analysis of protein mixtures such as tissue, media, and whole cells (Complex Mixture MS/MS service)
- Proteomic Quantification, comparison of proteins in samples using isotopic labels (TMT – Tandem Mass Tags) or label free analysis
- Absolute quantitation of proteins using labeled peptides and parallel reaction monitoring (PRM service)
- Identification of phosphorylation sites (titanium dioxide enrichment if complex)
- Identification of post-translational modifications (e.g. ubiquitination, acetylation, methylation, etc.) (PTM service)
- High resolution, high mass accuracy measurements of peptides and small proteins by CE-ESI-MS
- Mass determination by MALDI mass measurements for confirming identity of peptides and proteins
- Qualitative/Quantitative analysis of metabolites, drugs and small molecules
Good sample preparation is vital in getting good data. When starting a new project, read our guidelines and discuss the project with Dr. Sherman or Dr. Silva.