At A Glance
- A group of UVA cardiologists, radiologists and biomedical engineers are collaborating to expand on and develop new imaging techniques for cardiac patients.
- UVA imaging experts are using MRI of the heart to make procedures for heart rhythm problems and heart failure problems more effective.
- Medtronic’s ECVUE™ 3-D body surface electrocardiographic mapping system offers cardiologists a noninvasive alternative that can lead to a more comprehensive diagnosis during catheter ablation and pacemaker/implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD) procedures.
- UVA imaging experts pioneered a way to make transesophageal echocardiogram unnecessary for select patients undergoing ablation for atrial fibrillation.
- UVA is making MRI available to patients with pacemakers and defibrillators.
- UVA has recently adopted the CardioMEMS™ HF System to better manage patients with pulmonary hypertension.