On Wednesday, June 19, 2019 and Friday, June 21, 2019, the Orthopaedic Residency Program at the University of Virginia will host the 5th Annual Young & Carol Shen Resident Research Day. We are fortunate to have a group of residents who are outstanding not only clinically and surgically, but also in musculoskeletal research.
Abstracts for each research project are linked below:
- Bayan Aghdasi: LSTOA Flexibility and other Radiographic Parameters Associated with Improved Correction after Selective Fusion for AIS
- Evan Carstensen: Outcomes In Patients With Severe Trochlear Dysplasia Undergoing Sulcus-Deepening Trochleoplasty: A Minimum 2-Year Follow-Up Prospective Study
- Dan Hess: Motion and Strength Analysis of Scapholunate Ligament Reconstruction Using a Two-Tine Staple in a Novel Cadaver Model
- Kevin Laroche: Retrospective Review of Corticosteroid Injections Prior to Thumb Carpometacarpal Arthroplasty
- Hakan Pehlivan: Prehospital Antibiotics for Infection Prophylaxis in Open Fractures
- Victor Anciano: The Use of Camera Mobile Phones in Diagnosis and Management of Hip Fractures
- Suraj Bolarinwa: Evaluating Sources of Stress During Orthopaedic Surgery Resident Training Experience
- Aaron Casp: The Impact of Meniscus treatment on Functional Outcomes 6 Months after Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction
- Mike Hadeed: Is it safe to weight bear immediately after intramedullary nailing of extra-articular distal tibia fractures?
- Harrison Mahon: Evaluation of a 30-day-mortality risk calculator for patients undergoing surgical fixation of hip fractures.
- Dennis Chen: Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus is Associated with Increased Risks of Postoperative Complications Following Total Knee and Total Hip Arthroplasty
- Trent Gause: Distal Radius Fracture Reduction Simulator as a Teaching Adjuvant for Junior Orthopedic Residents – A pilot study
- Max Hoggard: Outcomes following Total Hip Arthroplasty for Osteonecrosis in Patients on Hemodialysis
- Michelle Kew: The Timing of Corticosteroid Injections following Simple Knee Arthroscopy Influences Infection Risk
- Eric Larson: The Impact of Dialysis Dependence and Modality on Complications after Carpal Tunnel Release
- Francis Bustos: Readmission Rates in Sleep Apnea Patients Undergoing Elective Knee Arthroscopy in an Ambulatory Versus Inpatient Operative Setting
- Matt Deasey: Short Oblique Patellar Tunnels for Patellar Fixation Do Not Increase Fracture Risk in MPFL Reconstruction: A Retrospective Cohort Study
- Emanuel Haug: Higher cost of Arthroplasty for Hip Fracture in patients Transferred from OSH versus primary ED presentation
- Nicole Quinlan: Surgeon Reimbursement Unchanged as Hospital Charges and Reimbursements Increase for Total Joint Arthroplasty
- Baris Yildirim: Anterolateral Ligament Healing in Patients Requiring Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction: A Retrospective Case Series Magnetic Resonance Imaging Review
Filed Under: Research