We see patients in the clinic by appointment which can be made by calling (434) 243-4660:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Thursday: 9:00 AM – 7:00 PM
We will see patients without appointments as time is available. Emergency cases will be given priority.
If you or a family member needs medical care during the night or on weekends, call (434) 924-0000. This is the main switchboard at the UVa Medical Center. Ask for the family medicine doctor on call. The doctor, who is a member of the Department of Family Medicine, will return your call as soon as possible. He or she can give you medical advice over the phone and, if needed, will meet you in the University Hospital Emergency Room. It is important to call before coming to the Emergency Room. Your stay in the Emergency Room can often be shortened if the doctor knows that you are coming.
We Are Prepared To…
- Care for new or old illnesses you may have
- Treat cuts, sprains, and other injuries
- Care for you during your pregnancy and deliver your baby
- Provide counseling for families
- Take care of your baby as well as your older children
- Provide care to older persons
- Provide birth control information and services
- Provide preventative care and health maintenance services
- Collect blood or other specimens for laboratory testing
- Schedule any needed X-ray studies for laboratory testing
- Provide first-line and continuing medical care for you and your family. If needed, we can arrange for you to see medical specialists.