Class of 2022
Emergency Medicine – Eight 1 Month Blocks
- Develop procedure skills and broadening their patient contact abilities
- Providing some supervision
- Teaching in the latter part of the year
- Handle all ground EMS medical command as well as trauma alert intubations.
- Shifts include the adult and pediatric sides of the ED at UVa.
Ob/Gyn – 2 Weeks
- Evaluation of patients with normal pregnancies as well as those with obstetrical complications and gynecological disease. Includes time in labor and delivery. This rotation is at Virginia Hospital Center. Housing is provided.
Research – 2 Weeks
- Structure research projects and develop their residency-required scholarly activity
- Presentation at national conferences is encouraged and supported.
Toxicology – 1 Month
- Rotation dedicated to the recognition and management (ED and in patient) of toxicological emergencies.
- Rounding on relevant hospitalized patients, responding to toxicological emergencies in the ED and ICU’s, and working with the staff of the Blue Ridge Poison Control Center compromise the bulk of this month.
Surgical ICU – 1 Month
- ICU management of critically ill patients on the surgery services.
Orthopedics – 1 Month
- Evaluating patients (both pre and post-operative) with orthopedic injuries or disease.
- Provides opportunity for follow-up on patients initially seen and treated in the Emergency Department.
Community Emergency Medicine – 1 Month
- A one month rotation in the Emergency Department at Culpeper Regional Hospital, a community hospital located near Charlottesville.