Salary and Benefits
Housestaff Salaries and Benefits
For an up-to-date overview of housestaff salaries and benefits, please refer to the Graduate Medical Education website.
Pathology Resident Benefits
Educational allowance of $1,500 per year that can be applied towards book purchases, travel expenses, board examinations, etc.
Monetary stipend of $500 applied to the educational allowance of residents who present their research (abstract and/or publication), and funding for meeting and registration fees where residents present.
- Complete financial support for abstract submission and poster printing.
- An added week of vacation during the winter holiday season.
- Meal allowance of $35 per month to use in the hospital cafeteria.
- Paid membership to the Virginia Society for Pathology for residents who attend the annual meeting.
- Research funds of up to $1,000 per year for residents who pursue independent projects.
- Annual pathology banquet.